CME Conference - Atlantis, Bahamas 2022 - Hospital Medicine Update Live CME Conference
Bahamas CME Conference highlights
- The ultimate CME conference working vacation! Classes in the morning and the rest of the day free.
- 16 hours of accredited CME at Atlantis Resort, Nassau, Bahamas
- The latest Hospital Medicine updates for physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, Content Details Here
- Relevant material - course is taught by practicing hospitalists
- Course price is $995; resident and student pricing here.
- Passport required!
- Sessions Wednesday-Saturday 7:30-11:30 a.m.
- Daily free time to enjoy the area with your family. Hit the beach, hang out in the huge waterpark, enjoy the dolphin interaction, scuba diving, snorkeling, or world class golf.
- Live CME conference at Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island, Nassau, Bahamas
- Breakfast is provided for course attendees, starts at 7:00 each morning and is next door to the conference room
- At the CME conference, we will give you 6 months access to Hospital Medicine Update On Demand for no charge. If you miss any live sessions, you can watch those online continuing medical education topics at your convenience. The content is the same for our live conferences and the online course.
- At least 40 states now require some opioid continuing medical education. We give you online content with 2 hours opioid CME, and meet most state requirements. Info Here
CME Conference registration cancellation policy: Full refund available up to 7 days before the conference start date. For cancellations made from 7 days until 1 day before the conference, either a refund minus $100 fee, or we will credit your registration to a future conference. Your choice.
Special hotel group rates
Group room rates start at $189 per night. As soon as Atlantis opens the group room block, reservation instructions will be posted here. Our group room block closes on October 17, 2022.
- Features included a waterpark, casino, spa, pools and beaches, golf, and much more!
Bahamas Travel Info
Of course, international travel requirements are subject to change. Both Atlantis and The Bahamas rely on tourism, so they have tried to encourage travel, while protecting public health. The Bahamas issued new travel requirements starting August 6, 2021. As of this time, a negative Covid-19 test is required for entry; the test must be performed no more than 5 days before your arrival. Unvaccinated travelers need a PCR test, but vaccinated travelers or those under 11 can use a rapid antigen test. You also must apply for a travel visa, the cost is $40-60, and upload your test results. The travel visa includes insurance in the event you test positive while in the Bahamas. Atlantis also performs rapid and PCR tests that guests need to return home. Both the Bahamian government and Atlantis have user-friendly sites with all the info:
Actual reviews from our 2021 conference at Atlantis:
"Excellent review in an extremely well thought out format"
"A perfect balance between education and vacation"
"Half day seminar was a wonderful balance to enjoy the location"
"Excellent, straightforward format which summarizes hundreds of hours of reading/research"
Hospital Medicine Update On Demand! CME
Great overview of common hospital medicine! Speaker was great! Would go to this again
Good Talk and updates on common hospital medicine
I feel a prize was handed to me when I landed on this seminar!! Finally, Dr Burgess has given us something that delivers what is advertised, makes sense, gives information that can actually be used day-to-day, and goes beyond all that to provide you with the opportunity to actually enjoy yourself and have a good time!! ( I attended conference in Orlando). Look no further for the best course to get your CME if you are like me and really want to learn useful information ("the nuts and bolts") of the latest evidenced-based guidelines. His information is well organized, he doesn't stray off topic, follows his timeline, because he is relatable to "you" and "me." By the way, I am a NP but there were physicians of multiple specialties at my seminar and everyone seemed well pleased. Honestly, I plan on attending again and will share my experience with all my colleagues in Hospital Medicine and highly recommend!!!
Great course compiled together! Dr Burgess has ton of information to share. I can’t imagine how he remembered it all and does it all alone. Amazing!
Relevant topics for any hospitalist. He keeps the latest articles and updated information. His authentic and bias free. Would mention each time if its his personal opinion and why that is the case.
Another cool thing that he connects with anecdotes and cases that you can relate to personal level. Discuss common daily scenarios that may play out in real life. Again excellent way of reviewing literature. Make it relatable.
Excellent presentations highlighting the pertinent information from the guidelines including data from numerous studies.
Dr Burgess has developed an informal yet professional setting with which to present and discuss the guidelines. Presentations are scheduled in the mornings, allowing for plenty of time each afternoon and evening for R&R. Nice food selection for breakfast and break. The Westgate accommodations are very nice. Will recommend to colleagues.
The way this CME is set up allows you to not only learn and review necessary information, but allows you to also take a breath and enjoy your free time as well. Unlike other CME's this is set up to give you plenty of free time to have to make this worth while with family and friends. The information presented was relevant topics and very helpful!
Orlando, FL- This conference is very informative and to the point. Up to date information for hospitalist with common diagnosis seen in hospitalist care. The timing, 7:30-11:30 am daily, allows for other fun activities if on vacation. 4 hour sessions with a small break allow for better attention span. Very nice resort to stay at as well. Good breakfast provided. I plan to attend again in the future! Thank you for keeping me up to date on the best evidence based practice! Great information to take back to my colleagues and patient care.
Content specific to common hospital diagnosis
Tale home points helpful
I have thoroughly enjoyed this conference. The content was very on point and up to date. All content was evidence based and presented in an excellent manner. Take away points are very helpful and I do plan on printing those off and using as references in practice. Will definitely attend again.